We have two calls today:
1.We are presently looking for short stories, poetry, and art for our first issue of Delphinium due out in July.
- Literary fiction that is well written. Language should be beautiful. Wording should be precise. There is no word limit. We do not accept genre pieces.
- Poetry, any style, any length.
- Art, black and white, for the interior.
- Deadline is June 1st. We’ve updated this date – spread the word, more time to submit!
2. An annual book of celebration. The series will contain essays and narratives that celebrate some aspect of life – teachers, animals, the sky. However, it’s not random.
Our first selection celebrates Recovery. We are looking for true stories, memories or essays, experimental styles are acceptable, of recovering. Think of recovering as a broad topic, but the pieces should be about recovering from a major life event, alcohol or drug use, divorce or death, etc.
All submissions should be typed, double spaced, 12 point times new roman or similar with one inch margins. They should be in English. They should represent your finest polished work. Email submissions to Readlipspress at gmail.com. In your subject lines add either “Delphinium” or “Recovery.” Simultaneous submissions are acceptable as long as you notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
Spread the word, ladies and gentlemen!